Tuesday, April 23, 2013

King Prawns in Laksa Pasta - Swensen's at Northpoint

Bob and I visited Swensen's at Northpoint to try out their new revamp menu in 2013.

I ordered the King Prawns in Laksa Spaghetti. The color of the spaghetti does not have any tinge of the orangy color of laksa.

However as I bite and chew into the spaghetti, it lets out a distinctive yet light flavor of laksa - so subtle is the taste, without the usual lemak coconuty taste that comes with laksa. It's like smelling the perfume, yet the perfume does not carry any color of its own.  



I like it the chef uses King prawns that are lightly blanched, took the trouble to devein and butterflied the prawns for my easy eating. It adds up that they are fresh, juicy and sweet to the taste with a crunchy texture. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

River JOrdan and JOrdan being groovy on the disco floor !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...