- Warm water to dissolve the yeast,
- Rapid rise yeast,
- Sugar (helps yeast to rise better),
- All purpose plain flour (maida),
- Yogurt makes naan very soft (preferably room temperature so it does not deactivate yeast),
- Ghee helps to make naan soft.
Add yeast to warm water, set aside for yeast to dissolve. Add salt to the flour. To the yeast, add room temperature yogurt, add melted ghee, flour to make the dough. Make sure the naan dough is sticky yet not too soft. Set aside for dough to rise. After the dough has risen, make balls out of the dough, put inside a bowl to let it rise further. Roll each of the ball flat on rolling board. Set the oven temperature to 500-550 degrees Fahrenheit. Preheat the pizza baking stone and oven before you bake the naan. Baste the top layer of the flattened dough with olive oil. Bake naan for 8 mins in oven.