Saturday, December 31, 2011

928 Yi He Coffee Shop - Ampang Yueng Tow Fu at 928 Upper Thomson Road Part 2

Want to know how the Ampang Yueng Tow Fu  ingredients are cooked before being served to the patrons   ? Check out the video below.




Just an inside scoop.

The two 928 Coffeeshop are owned by the Pang family and is a freehold property.
Due to differences, the youngest sister of the Pang family went to set up shop just two shops away selling exactly the same Ampang Yong Tow Fu, with recipe that closely resemble that of 928.
For the record though 928 is touted as the Original Ampang Yueng Tow Fu Stall and has been featured in many of Mediacorp's TV programs on food, and has received  much accolades.  

On a personal note : if you were to ask me which Ampang Yong Tow Fu stall tastes better to my liking ?
Has you ask me the same question back in 2003 - 2004 when I used to frequent it religiously every week,I'd say it had to be 928 Upp Thomson.

But my visit last night to 928 goes to prove one thing : consistency is the key to success in every food business. I realised the gravy was way too diluted.

My verdict : I actually preferred the youngest sister stall just next door, the gravy still maintains the consistency  and not diluted, plus, there is very little MSG.

No comments:

Post a Comment

River JOrdan and JOrdan being groovy on the disco floor !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...