Saturday, March 9, 2013

Chicken Hot Pot Signature - Chicken Hot Pot at NEX Part 3

My first dish at Chicken Hot Pot was their Signature :

Chicken Hot Pot - though the sauce recipe is top secret (even the franchisee owners Jonathan & Doris do not know the ingredients that goes into making the Chicken Hot Pot sauce), the taste is similiar to the thicken gravy of my Mum's Signature ginger garlic chicken wing stew. 

My mum used to make her ginger garlic chicken wing stew by frying ginger slices, whole garlic cloves, then adding chicken, oyster sauce, sesame oil, stir fry & slow cook chicken till the meat is tender. The end result taste close to the sauce found in Chicken Hot Pot. 


To the Chicken Hot Pot is added onions, capsicum, ginger. The taste of the sauce is mildly sweet in part because of the onions. The chicken meat is cooked tender, and the fragrant smell of cooked meat permeates from the hot pot. 

Of the four different Hot Pots I had tasted at Chicken Hot Pot, I would rank the Chicken Hot Pot as my number two choice as the sauce reminds me of my Mum's signature chicken dish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

River JOrdan and JOrdan being groovy on the disco floor !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...