Sunday, March 22, 2015

Gelato World Tour 20 to 22 March 2015 at MBS Convention Centre Hall D Singapore - The Finalists #15 #16

No 15 - Lemon Zest with Fig Marmalade & Dark Chocolate by Antonio Lo lacono from Gelatony, Australia.
My Tasting Notes - Antonino's clever usage of key ingredients lemon zest, fig marmalade & dark chocolate makes for an overall creamy lemony citrus flavor with a strong intense sweetness from the fig marmalade, with bits of  dark chocolate interspersed between the smooth gelato. This is one of my Top 5. 





No 16 - From The Cradle To The Grave by Steve & Chrissie Powell from Vastrogusto Gelato
My Tasting Notes - Steve & Chrissie uses a fair amount of peanut butter & peanuts in this recipe which I find too overpowering for me. Particularly because I used to love peanut candy but develop an allergy to peanuts later in my life so I am adverse to recipes using peanuts this days. Overall flavor is an intensely strong peanut flavor in this creamy gelato, lending a mildly salty sweetness to it. This happens to be among the bottom 5 on my list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

River JOrdan and JOrdan being groovy on the disco floor !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...