Sunday, November 20, 2011

Tong Ji Ah Heng Duck Rice Stall at Hong Lim Food Centre (I)

Braised Duck (Whole)

Braised Tau Hoo & Hard Boiled Eggs

Braised Pork Loin


Stall Specialty Chilli 


Uncle Yang & his wife used to operate their traditional Dark Soya Sauce Teochew Duck rice stall from Hill Street Food Centre 2nd Floor in the 1980- 90's before the Hill Street Food Centre was demolished. I used to eat at his stall when I was working at Christian Bookstore Ebenezer at Funan Centre from 1988-1990 during my varsity vacation holidays.  Uncle Yang has operated Duck rice stall business for 60 years since he was a teenager. 

I remembered very well the special potent chilli sauce that Uncle Yang used to make - it goes perfectly well with the duck & I use to mix it into my white to eat. 

After he was evacuated from Hill Street he moved to Tekka Market, but has since left it to set up stall at Hong Lim Food Centre.  Now that I have reunited with this Duck Rice Stall I'd be sure to feast here for as long as I can for Uncle Yang serves out a mean Teochew flavour true to his Teochew roots! 

Address : 
Tong Ji Ah Heng Duck Rice Stall
Hong Lim Market & Food Centre 
531A Upper Cross Street, S(051531)




No comments:

Post a Comment

River JOrdan and JOrdan being groovy on the disco floor !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...