Friday, February 1, 2013
Yusheng鱼生 - Prosperity Buffet at Plaza Brasserie, ParkRoyal on Beach Road Part 2
Yusheng is another Signature Dish served at the Prosperity Buffet at Plaza Brasserie.
Yusheng is served with carrots, capsicum, turnips, red pickled ginger, daikon (white radish), sun dried oranges, chinese parsley, chilli, jellyfish, grated peanuts, sesame seed, lime leaves, five spice powder, dried shrimp, complete with sauces - plum sauce, rice vinegar, kumquat sauce, sesame oil, lime, as well as raw salmon.
The Step By Step Guide to Tossing the Yusheng
1. When you first start, proclaim to all 恭喜发财,万事如意(Gong Xi Fa Cai, Wan Shi RuYi) = May you have prosperity & wealth, may all your wishes come true!
2. Add raw salmon & recite 年年有余(Nian Nian You Yu) = May you have abundance through the years!
3. Add pomelo/ lime & say 大吉大利(Da Ji Da Li) = May you have good luck & much profits !
4. Add pepper & proclaim 招财进宝 (Zhao Cao Jin Bao) = May you draw wealth & fortune!
5. Add sesame oil & say 一本万利, 财源广进(Yi Ben Wan Li, Cai Yuan Guang Jin) = May you make multiple profits & enjoy many sources of income !
6. Add carrot & recite 鸿运当头(Hong Yun Dang Tou) = May Good Luck descend upon you!
7. Add green radish & proclaim 青春常驻(Qing Chun Chang Zhu) = May you be forever youthful !
8. Add white radish & say 风生水起， 步步高升(Fong Sheng Shui Qi, Bu Bu Gao Sheng )= May you progress speedily & advance to a higher level!
9. Add grated peanuts, & proclaim 金银满屋(Jin Ying Man Wu) = House full of Gold & Silver!
10. Add sesame seed & say 生意兴隆(Sheng Yi Xing Long)= May your business prosper !
11. Add golden pillow or deep fried flour crisps & say 满地黄金(Man Di Huang Jin) = May the floor be filled with gold !