Saturday, March 21, 2015

Gelato World Tour 20 to 22 March 2015 at MBS Convention Centre Hall D Singapore - The Finalists #5 #6

No 5 - Roasted Walnut & Honey Crunch by David Lamprell, Michael & Brian O'Donnell from 48 Flavours 
My Tasting Notes - This gelato uses two ingredients which I like honey & walnuts, I can bite into tiny bits of the walnuts embedded within the gelato. I love the combination of smooth texture & distinct sweet honey & nutty walnut flavor from this gelato. One of my Top 5. In fact I find this flavor rather close to the No 6 - Burnt Butter with Toffee Almond Brittle. 

No 6 - Burnt Butter with Toffee Almond Brittle by Robbie Hill from Yamba Icecreamery 
My Tasting Notes - This mother & Son team comes up with just the right formula for a great smooth gelato flavor. I love the ingredients used - salted butter, almonds (my favorite nut), I like it that they added almond brittle to give it that extra crunch. Overall the flavor is salty, buttery smooth sweet gelato with a nutty tinge. One of my Top 5.




No comments:

Post a Comment

River JOrdan and JOrdan being groovy on the disco floor !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...