Sunday, March 22, 2015

Gelato World Tour 20 to 22 March 2015 at MBS Convention Centre Hall D Singapore - The Finalists #9 #10

No 9 - Singapore Sling by Charles Tan from FATCAT Ice cream bar 
My Tasting Notes - The Singapore Sling, either you are a fan or you are not. The one ingredient I like in the Singapore Sling is the fresh pineapple. This sorbet is refreshing with smooth light, melt in your mouth texture, & a distinct tinge of liquer presence due to the Gin, Cherry & Orange liquor used in this recipe. Being the health nut that I am, I am so not into alcohol so this flavor does not particularly draw me to it. (Though I do on special occasions drink Reds, Whites, Rose). But for drinkers, they will find this flavor a delight. 


No 10 - Croccante alla Fragola by Mirko Stortini from Gelato Italia 
My Tasting Notes - This has got to be the flavor I voted in for the Draw. Mirko Stortini, Italian & takes much pride in his heritage, uses some of the ingredients which I adore - strawberries, almonds, Cinnamon. This gelato has a creamy eggy flavor, with generous portions of the strawberry compote blended into it, interspersed with bits of almond crystals that lends it a delightful bite. I love it!! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

River JOrdan and JOrdan being groovy on the disco floor !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...